The next Principal and Parent meeting will be Friday, December 15th at 8:45am in the science lab (coffee and holiday treats will be provided). There will be general school updates given at 8:45am and at 9:00am SWDCS will be hosting a Cooking Matters Pop-Up Workshop. At this interactive workshop, participants will learn how to shop for healthy foods on a budget.
During the workshop, participants will practice skills like:
· buying fruits and vegetables on a budget
· comparing unit prices to find bargains
· reading and comparing food labels
· identifying whole grains
· and sticking to your budget!
After the workshop participants will receive a:
· FREE book full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods
· FREE reusable grocery bag
· $10 gift card or certificate to a grocery store
Space is limited! Please sign-up at the front desk if you are interested in attending!